Everyone uses one thing to keep themselves from achieving their life goals -
We all use them. Whether it's to avoid getting up early in the morning so we can get work done, or avoid making a big change so we can finally step into the purpose God created us to live - every single human being is an EXPERT at finding the right excuse to stand between herself and her dream.
I found this interesting article on the 8 core excuses standing in your way. To read the full article, check out this link: http://www.wakeupcloud.com/8-core-excuses/.
Here's a summary of the 8 core excuses below. And as you read them, be honest and identify which ones are standing in your way. Then come up with a plan to move it right out.
1. "I don't have time." You have the same 24 hours in your day that President Obama has in his, yet he has time to run the free world, spend time with his kids and catch a basketball game every now and then. The problem isn't really that you don't have time. It's that you're afraid to make time. Start off by spending just 30 minutes a day working on your passion. Then grow from there.
2. "What about my family / friends / kids?" Yes, it's true. The more you move towards your next level of success, the more that people perfectly comfortable with ordinary will fall away from your life. It's nothing personal, it's just that most people feel challenged when they see someone truly living with passion, because it shines a harsh light on the fact that they are not living theirs. This unfortunately harbors jealously, and the natural process is for these people to get away from the harsh reality and escape back into their own ordinary existence. Don't be discouraged by this. Success ATTRACTS success, so the higher up you rise, the more extraordinary people God will send into your life to replace those who honestly don't belong in your social circle.
3. "I don't know how." A-hem. Google.com will teach you just about anything you need to know. It' not important to know everything from A-Z upfront. What's important is to know just enough to get started. 'Nough said.
4. "I don't have money." Great news - the cost of working on you passion is F-R-E-E. All it takes for you to start is some pen and paper, a quiet place to brainstorm, some music that inspires your soul, and prayer time with God. Just sitting in one place and creatively brainstorming how you'll get the finances you need will work WONDERS. The important thing is to start.
5. "I don't know people." This is the same answer as number 2. It doesn't matter who you know now. As you start to work in your passion, God will naturally send people your way who are in the same level of "grind" as you are. Success attracts success. All you need to do is get started, and the rest will come.
6. "I'm afraid." This is absolutely normal. Everybody feels fear when they're starting something new. Courage is being afraid and DOING IT ANYWAY. So do it afraid.
7. "It won't work." Every single person who has experienced success has experienced failure after failure. That's the only way to success. But you have to remember Thomas Edison. He didn't get the lightbulb to work until he found 10,000 ways that DIDN'T work. So if you change your mindset from "I hope I don't fail" to "I hope I fail as many times as quickly as I can so I can find the RIGHT option faster," you're well on your way to an extraordinary state of passion.
8. "I'm not good enough." To this I say "HA!" Who do you think you are telling God that His creation isn't good enough? God formed you with a DIVINE PURPOSE from the moment you were created in your mother's womb. You were created to SUCCEED in your passion. Believe it to your core, because God certainly believes in you.
Want to receive our free daily devotional for women right to your inbox each morning? Enter your best email address in the box below so you can get your daily dose of inspiration.